Firebird Conference 2014 report
Alexey Kovyazin, 20-Nov-2014
Here you can find presentations and photos from Firebird Conference 2014 (Prague, Czech Republic, October 24-25, 2014).
Presentations from Firebird Conference 2014
Firebird Conference 2014: 110 attendees, 12 speakers, a lot of interesting presentations and, of course, invaluable conversations between sessions and evenings parties.
You can download all presentations from Firebird Conference 2014 in the single archive.
or download them individually:
- Firebird release strategy and roadmap for 2015/2016 (Dmitry Yemanov, Firebird)
- Overview of new Firebird 3 SQL features (Vlad Khorsun, Firebird)
- Transactions: how they work inside Firebird (Dmitry Kuzmenko, IBSurgeon)
- Replication (Jonathan Neve, CopyCat)
- Overview of Red Database 2.5 (Roman Simakov, RedSoft)
- Creating logs for data auditing (Carlos Cantu, Firebase.com.br)
- Orphans, Corruption, Careful Write, and Logging (Ann Harrison, Jim Starkey)
- Native Firebird Access With IB Objects (Jason Wharton, IBObjects)
- Firebird database recovery: tools and techniques (Alexey Kovyazin, IBSurgeon)
- Using Firebird trace & audit as tool for system analysis (Pavel Cisar, IBPhoenix)
- A year in the life of .NET provider (Jiri Cincura, Firebird .NET)
- Using Azure cloud and Firebird to develop applications easily (Jiri Cincura, Firebird .NET)
- SuperServer in Firebird 3: multi-threading support and scalability (Vlad Khorsun, Firebird)
- Firebird performance counters in details (Dmitry Yemanov, Firebird)
- Threading through InterBase, Firebird, and beyond (Ann Harrison, Jim Starkey)
- Benchmarking Firebird with TPC-C (Paul Reeves, IBPhoenix)
- Data validation and application logic in the database — an introduction to server side database programming (Martijn Tonies, Upscene) - not available at the moment
- Firebird Performance tests: open-source framework to simulate real-world Firebird applications with heavy load (Pavel Zotov, Firebird QA)
- Jaybird Status Update (Mark Rotteveel, Firebird JDBC)
- Understanding numbers in Firebird (Carlos Cantu, Firebase.com.br)
- Querying Firebird with JPA & jOOQ (Mark Rotteveel, Firebird JDBC), and sourcecode of examples.
- Tips for using system tables (Ivan Prenosil)
- Firebird and Node.js (Marius Popa)
Photos from Firebird Conference 2014